Friday, July 18, 2014

Ready to Set Sail!



School supplies, backpacks, lunchboxes, new shoes ... it must be that time of the summer that inevitably comes around every year: We're heading Back to School! I'm ready to meet my new group of first graders and looking forward to an exciting year of exploration and discovery. We're going to have a WONDER-ful adventure!

Here is a little bit about me: I graduated from Converse College (a LONG time ago) with a Master's Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education. I've been teaching in District 2 for 21 years, and everyone calls me "Mrs. Mac." My family includes an Irish husband, two amazing daughters, three cats and a chinchilla named Oliver Button. (Ollie comes to school with me everyday to entertain my class!) I love, love, love to read, and my favorite color is blue. And most importantly, I am so blessed to be a teacher! Children are precious gifts, and I treasure my time spent guiding each new group of students through the wonders of first grade.

I can't wait to meet everyone! See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Mac, I love your blog title! If anyone is the master Puzzle solver, it is you! You are a fabulous teacher and your students are extremely fortunate to have you this year! Thank you for linking my blog to your site. Be sure to follow my 3rd grade blog- http://sweetcarolina3rdgraders.blogspot.com
    I look forward to collaborating more with you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that Joshua is in your class! Looking forward to a great year!

    ReplyDelete