Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Welcome to First Grade at OES, room #109, member of the special group known as "Mrs. Mac's Baby Chicks!"

School supplies, backpacks, lunchboxes, new shoes ... it must be that time of the summer that inevitably comes around every year: We're heading Back to School! I'm ready to meet my new group of first graders and looking forward to an exciting year of exploration and discovery. We're going to have a WONDER-ful adventure!

Here is a little bit about me: I graduated from Converse College (a LONG time ago) with a Master's Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education. I've been teaching in District 2 for 22 years, and everyone calls me "Mrs. Mac." My family includes an Irish husband, two amazing daughters, one cat, and a chinchilla named Oliver Button. (Ollie comes to school with me everyday to entertain my class!) I love, love, love to read, and my favorite color is blue. I got to spend three days in Seattle, Washington this summer at a teacher convening, and it was amazing to connect and share with educators across our nation. My church family is The United Methodist Church of the Covenant where I teach Sunday school to 3rd through 5th grades. Most importantly, I am so blessed to be a teacher! Children are precious gifts, and I treasure my time spent guiding each new group of students through the wonders of first grade.

I can't wait to meet everyone! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment