Thursday, September 18, 2014

Inquiry in the Wonder Room

So exciting! Today, my young scientists ventured to the Wonder Room to explore the scientific process. Short synopsis of the experiment: Which solution will make an egg float? 

water and salt
water and cornstarch
water and vinegar
water and food coloring

The students each came up with a hypothesis, which they recorded in their science journals. Then we followed the procedures, mixing solutions and placing the eggs, VERY CAREFULLY!

Next, my students observed the results. Amazing! Which solution do you think will make an egg float?



In the Wonder Room


Materials ready!


















Ask your child to find out what worked! 













2 comments:

  1. Hello, Wonder Friends!

    I absolutely loved visiting you all on Thursday as you worked through your experiment. I saw you make hypothesis, observations, and work collaboratively to determine your findings....just like scientists do! I am proud of you for your efforts and encourage you to continue your hard work! Be sure to invite me again; I enjoy being discovering with your class!

    Learning with you,
    Dr. P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am CURIOUS now!! In which solution did the egg float? I guess I will have to ask Joshua this afternoon! Looks like you did a lot of discovering in the Wonder Room and learned about the scientific process.

    ReplyDelete